In honor of Cooper turning 9, I thought we’d do something a little different than birthday blogs of the past where I gush over how amazing my child is and then cry about how fast the years are flying by. Instead, I asked Cooper if this year he wanted to write his own birthday blog post. He literally jumped at the chance, and met his deadline much earlier than I usually meet mine. I’m definitely a proud mama. I promised to not edit any of his text, but told him I’d write the intro and add some appropriate photos throughout the blog. So, without further adieu, here is Coop’s birthday post 🙂
9 Favorite Life Memories (So Far)
2. Going to Panama City beach to play baseball as an All American, as you know I went to Disney world last year, but this year it’s in Panama City beach because of COVID, but at least it’s still happening. I like this because I am playing with top 130 kids in America , and I am playing with some of my team mates, plus now there is a backyard beach!!!
3. Holding the American flag during the national anthem at my All-Star tournament, I like this because there was so many people. I was nervous, and was thinking if I was going to be late to raise it, or be late to wave it, or if I would wave it enough or too much. I don’t know why I was picked to do it, maybe because that was my Disney coach who picked me.
4. Hitting a game tying grand slam in the 5 inning of the state championship.(In 6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12 U you play 6 inning games without extra innings.)I loved that because my team really needed that to win a state championship, we went on to win that game when Kollin my friend hit walk off home run. We had a tremendous and fun year, that’s a year I’ll never forget.
5. Riding the tower of terror, I like this because it’s for thrill seekers and we obviously know that I’m a thrill seeker?.Riding it made my heart drop to my stomach, and made me have to go to the bathroom ?.(If you like the twilight zone and are thrill seekers like me ? you’ll love this ride.)
6. Riding the rocking roller coaster, this was scary because there was a loop-d-loop.
I was being all cocky and saying it’s no big deal, even though my parents said it would be very fast. We met some people on the wait and they had a little girl and all she said/talked about is that she has gone on so many loop-d-loops, so I chimed in and said I have to, I’ve gone on the river bandits 360 “thingamajig”, and when it started I closed my eyes and tried not to puke.
7. Winning state 2 times, in 2018 and in 2020, I like this because my team was the best team in Iowa those two years. When you win state you get rings, the rings are really cool.You do get rings if you get 2nd but 2nd is the first loser.Me and my team still won though, plus we get the title of the best team in Iowa.(In 2020 we also were ranked the best team in the country, and in the top 5 in 2018.)
8. Going to Jamaica!! I loved that because there was a fast fast fast water slide and a slow water slide, I also liked this because I met a 12 year old girl and started to like her, we played volleyball ? with her her sister and other people I wasn’t very good so the next day before we played I practiced volleyball with my parents and was way better. There was a party that night so I dressed up and went to party. I saw that the girl was hanging out with an older boy so I got sad, but luckily I had a good supportive family to make me feel better and get over it.
9. Meeting Anthony Rizzo of the Chicago Cubs, I loved that because at the time he was my favorite player. I told my parents the hole ride to Chicago that I was going to meet him ever since I found out that we’re going to the hotel that he stays at but my parents always said “sorry kiddo but you’re not going to meet him”. I argued and said yes I will. When we finally got there the doorman turned 5 year old me around and there he was Anthony Rizzo and his fiancé ready to go on a bike ride, but before they do I yell Anthony, Anthony, and give him a big hug, and asked if I could have a picture and I did!